The International Association for Research in Income and Wealth has as its major interests:
- the furthering of research on national and economic and social accounting, including the development of concepts and definitions for the measurement and analysis of income and wealth.
- the development and further integration of systems of economic and social statistics.
- related problems of statistical methodology.
In particular, the Association is concerned with the international aspects of these questions, such as:
- international comparisons of income and wealth.
- the use of economic and social accounting for budgeting and policy analysis in different countries.
- the experiences of different countries in the development of economic and social accounting systems.
It pursues these objectives by providing for communication and interchange on these topics and by bringing together academic and government scholars in the field of economic and social statistics from many countries. This is accomplished by holding biennial general conferences, by arranging regional and specialized conferences, by the circulation of scholarly papers, and by the publication of a quarterly journal, the Review of Income and Wealth.
More information on the objectives of the IARIW and how they are pursued can be found in the Bylaws of the Association.
Code of Conduct
In June of 2022, the IARIW membership approved a Code of Conduct to govern the behaviour of members, as well as employees and participants in Association events. The Code can be found here.