Sessions being live streamed from RSA House are listed below.
You will need to click the ‘register here’ link below to register
Sessions will be streamed using Zoom. All times are GMT.
Thursday 11th November 2021
9:30-10:45 Opening Remarks by IARIW and ESCoE officials and Keynote by Dan Sichel (Wellesley College, United States) “Intangibles: How Far We Have Come and the Road Ahead” Register here
11:15-12:45 Session 1: Defining and Measuring Intangibles Register here
1. Josh Martin (Office for National Statistics) “The F words: why surveying businesses about intangibles is so hard”.
2. Leonard Nakamura (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia) “Deflating Intangible Investment: Some New Ideas and Estimates”.
3. Thomas Niebel (ZEW Mannheim) “Intangible Capital Indicators Based on Web Scraping of Social Media”.
Friday 12th November 2021
09:30-11:00 Session 4: Valuing Data Register here
1. Carol A. Robbins (National Science Foundation) “A First Look at Open Source Software Investment in the United States and in Other Countries, 2009-2019”
2. Diane Coyle (University of Cambridge)“Creating and Governing Value from Data”
3. Hugo de Bondt (Statistics Netherlands) “Estimating the Value of Data in the Netherlands”
14:00-15:00 Keynote by Jonathan Haskel (Imperial College and the Bank of England) “Intangibles: Productivity and Policy” Register here
15:30-16:30 Closing Panel: Future Directions for Research on Intangible Assets Register here
Chair: Chris Giles (Financial Times)
- Tera Allas (McKinsey & Co.)
- Richard Heys (Office for National Statistics)
- Rachel Soloveichik (US Bureau of Economic Analysis)
- Stian Westlake (Royal Statistical Society)