IARIW Major Objectives
- To advance education and knowledge in the general area of income and wealth by organizing conferences, by circulating scholarly papers accessible to the general public through the Association's website, and by publishing a quarterly journal which contains research on economics and statistics.
- To carry out its said objects and purposes in the following fields of interest: the definition, measurement, and analysis of national income and wealth; the distribution of income and wealth, and poverty; the development of systems of economic and social accounting and their use for economic policy; international comparisons; and other related economic and statistical matters.
Announcements & Recent Releases
- The Executive Director posted an update of a number of issues related to the Association on January 27, 2017. Past updates are also available.
- The IARIW-BOK Special Conference "Beyond GDP: Past Experiences and Future Challenges in the Measurement of Economic Well-Being" will take place in Seoul, Korea, April 26-28, 2017. For more detailed conference information, click here.
- Preliminary Conference Programme.
- Conference Homepage.
- Registration. There is no registration fee for IARIW members.
- IARIW-ICRIER Conference on “Experiences and Challenges in Measuring Income, Inequality, and Poverty in South Asia,” will take place in Delhi, India, November 23-25, 2017.
- Conference Information
- Call For Papers
- Paper Submission Portal
- The IARIW is organizing a session at the International Statistical Institute’s 61st World Statistics Congress in Marrakesh, Morocco July 16-21, 2017. The session, organized by Past IARIW Chair Barbara Fraumeni, is entitled “Human Capital Measurement” and the program for the session is posted here.
- The call for papers for the 35th IARIW General Conference, which will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark August 20-25, 2018 is accessible here. The deadline for receipt of proposals for papers is September 30, 2017. The web portal for submissions will be open by April 30, 2017.
- At the 2016 IARIW General Conference the membership voted unanimously for the IARIW to write a letter to a number of appropriate organizations, entities, and governments, urging support for the integrity and independence of official statistics, with particular reference to the case of prosecution of Andreas Georgiou, former head of the Greek national statistical office. The IARIW also donated $10,000 US to the legal defense fund for Mr. Georgiou. The letter sent to the Greek political leadership can be accessed here.
- The 34th IARIW General Conference took place in Dresden, Germany on August 21-27, 2016. The final conference programme can be viewed here and includes all papers and presentations by discussants. For more detailed conference information, click here.
- The articles from the 2013 issues of the Review of Income and Wealth are now available online. This website also includes a complete archive of IARIW publications from 1951 to 2013. The articles can be acccessed free of charge.
- Several website services are available:
- Online Payment of Membership Fees;
- Online Membership Application and Information Update Form.