IARIW Major Objectives
- To advance education and knowledge in the general area of income and wealth by organizing conferences, by circulating scholarly papers accessible to the general public through the Association's website, and by publishing a quarterly journal which contains research on economics and statistics.
- To carry out its said objects and purposes in the following fields of interest: the definition, measurement, and analysis of national income and wealth; the distribution of income and wealth, and poverty; the development of systems of economic and social accounting and their use for economic policy; international comparisons; and other related economic and statistical matters.
Announcements & Recent Releases
- The Executive Director posted an update of a number of issues related to the Association on August 11, 2016. Past updates are also available.
- The 34th IARIW General Conference will take place in Dresden, Germany on August 21-27, 2016.
- Conference website
- Final conference programme
- Pre-conference training sessions
- national accounting, taught by Francois Lequiller from the OECD, co-author of the volume Understanding the National Accounts
- real estate price measurement, taught by Mick Silver from the IMF; and
- measurement of multidimensional poverty, given by Sabina Alkine from George Washington University and the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative.
- The IARIW-BOK Special Conference "Beyond GDP: Past Experiences and Future Challenges in the Measurement of Economic Well-Being" will take place in Seoul, Korea, April 26-28, 2017. See the call for papers and submit paper proposals here. For more detailed conference information, click here
- The IARIW-CAPMAS Special Conference on Income, Wealth and Inequality in the Middle East and North Africa took place in Cairo, Egypt on November 23-25, 2015. See the final program and the conference website.
- The IARIW hosted a session entitled "Developments in Income Inequality Across the World" at the International Statistical Institute's 60th World Statistics Congress in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on July 29, 2015. See the session program.
- The IARIW and OECD hosted a special conference on the future of the SNA in Paris, France on April 16-17, 2015. See the conference summary and the conference program.
- The articles from the 2012 issues of the Review of Income and Wealth are now available online. This website also includes a complete archive of IARIW publications from 1951 to 2012. The articles can be acccessed free of charge.
- Several website services are available:
- Online Payment of Membership Fees;
- Online Membership Application and Information Update Form.